Essentials Of Statistics For The Behavioral Sciences
Author: Frederick J Gravetter, Larry B. Wallnau,
Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing
Keywords: sciences, behavioral, statistics, essentials
Category: Psychology & Counseling, Health, Mind & Body,
ISBN-10: 049581220X ISBN-13: 9780495812203
Binding: Paperback (7)
List Price: 179.95 USD
This brief version of Gravetter and Wallnau's proven bestseller offers the straightforward instruction, accuracy, built-in learning aids, and wealth of real-world examples that professors and students have come to appreciate. The authors take time to explain statistical procedures so that students can go beyond memorizing formulas and begin gaining a conceptual understanding of statistics. To ensure that even students with a weak background in mathematics can understand statistics, the authors skillfully integrate applications that reinforce concepts. The authors take care to show students how having an understanding of statistical procedures will help them comprehend published findings and will lead them to become savvy consumers of information. Known for its exceptional accuracy and examples, this text also has a complete supplements package to support instructors with class preparation and testing.
About This Edition
- Throughout the book, research examples have been updated, real-world examples have been added, and the end-of-chapter problems have been extensively revised.
- The book has been separated into five sections to emphasize the similarities among groups of statistical methods. Each section contains two to four chapters, and begins with an introduction and concludes with a review, including review exercises.
- Demonstration problems at the end of each chapter have been simplified to focus on the content of the chapter and minimize tedious computations.
- The authors have maintained the conversational style that explains statistical concepts and procedures rather than simply presenting them.
- Real-world, in-text examples from across the social and behavioral sciences make the book very accessible for all students and demonstrate how behavioral statistics apply to everyday life.
- End-of-chapter Web Resources sections include references to Wadsworth's free Online Statistics Workshops, online tutorials, and, as appropriate, instructions for using SPSS to perform the statistical calculations that are introduced in the chapter.
- The text reflects the most current APA guidelines.
- A general introduction to SPSS is included in the Instructor's Manual and can be used as a student handout for classes that use SPSS as part of the statistics course.
See this title's supplement:
Study Guide for "Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences" (7th Edition)
Download Data provided by OpenISBN Project and others:
- Export Citation(BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan)
- Download multimedia files (txt, html, PDF)
- 049581220X.pdf (text only)
- 049581220X.zip (currently not available)
You can search on LeatherBound to download or purchase an ebook.
Searching Book Reviews...